Sample Hoarder

When I was in Canada last fall, I had more hobbies than just exploring Toronto and making friends. I also spent a significant time ordering make up off the Canadian Sephora website. Why? Because make up in Canada is usually about 30 % cheaper than in Sweden, and they have so many brands that aren't available in Sweden. Ordering from Sephora in Canada also comes with some excellent perks. You get three samples and one deluxe sample with every order. The deluxe sample is usually a little bit bigger than a regular sample, and you get a few of them to choose from when you place your order. One time when I ordered, they had an offer when you could get six additional sample products with your purchase. That is a total of nine samples in one order! Needless to say, a sample hoarder like me jumped on it right away. I would also like to mention that the Swedish beauty store Kicks has jumped on the bandwagon as well,  they now offer three samples with every online order.

After my exchange semester in Canada, I brought all my samples home.  Samples are convenient when you are travelling without checked-in luggage because of the 100 ml restriction for liquids in the carry on luggage. In addition, it is fun to try out new products when you are on vacation and not have to bring any heavy bottles with you. I love samples and I always will, I think it is such a great way to experience new products and I can't wait to try all the samples that I got in Canada. 




Fresh mineral vitamin nectar vibrancy boosting face mask, Sephora rose sleeping mask, Ahava minerals moisturizer, Glamglow supermud clearing treatment, Algenist eye cream, Clinique Prep-start eye cream and Ole Henriksen three little wonder creams.


Lancome dual finish face powder, Mascara by Estee lauder, mascara by Make up forever, eyeliner by make up forever, lip gloss by the Estee edit (by Estee Lauder), perfume from Versace and Viktor & Rolfs Flowerbomb perfume (love this one! Will definitely get it when I have less perfumes at home.).

Ren flash hydroboost instant plumping emulsions, Origins high potency night a mins night cream, Origins Ginzing boosting hydrating treatment and the Aerin Lip treatment.


L'occitane light comforting cream, Erborian Yuza Sorbet feathering emulsion, Bjork & Berries forest extract moisturizer, Boscia purifying cleansing gel and Fresh Soy face cleanser

I haven't tried that many of these samples yet, but I am pleasantly surprised by one that I did try, the Glamglow supermud treatment. This is a face mask that clears up and perfects the skin really nicely. I am not going to review something that I have only tried once, but my skin felt very refreshed after trying this.   I  would definitely consider investing in the full size product if it had been available in Sweden. I am pleasantly surprised by the wide range of product samples that I managed to get my hands on. I got a nice variety of perfumes, skincare and make up. I am also surprised by how most of these sample products are among the more expensive ones at Sephora which is fun because those are the ones that I probably wouldn't try unless I actually got to do it for free. If anything else stands out in the crowd and I really enjoy using it, I will definitely let you know about it. 

Comments

Popular Posts