10 reasons to get yourself a bunny today

One of the things I miss the most in life right now is having a bunny. I love bunnies and they have always been a part of my life in one way or another. I had a bunny that died last year, and I still miss him every day. Bunnies might not be the most popular pet to have, but I really don't see why. To me, they are the perfect companion and I will tell you exactly why.




1. You will never feel completely alone again.
No matter if you live alone or not, there are always moments when you feel lonely. A bunny will always be there for you and every bunny that I have had has always been really excited to see me when I come home.

2. Every centimeter of them is fluffy and cute.
I have never seen a pet that is as cute as a bunny. They are literally cute everywhere. They have cute tails, their paws are cute and they even walk (or jump) in the cutest way. Especially when their ears move along with them. And who doesn't love a fluffy and soft animal?

3. They are a lot easier to take care of than a dog.
A dog needs to be walked several times a day and you cannot leave it at home for a full work day. A bunny will appreciate every second you spend with it, but it is still far more independent than a dog.


4. They are good at taking care of their hygiene.
A bunny knows how to stay clean and it spends a significant amount every day just to groom itself. You shouldn't give your bunny baths (because it scares them) and you really don't have to, because they do the job so much better and they are more than happy to do it. 

5. Baby bunnies are just the cutest thing ever.
I mean, have you ever seen anything cuter?

6. They are cheap.
Buying a bunny is really cheap considering how much joy you get out of it. I have never gotten anything in life that has made me happier than bunnies do. Also, if you compare it to a dog, the veterinary bills, the food and everything else is a lot cheaper. 


7. They do have unique personalities.
I don't know how many times I have heard that bunnies are boring, or that they lack personality. Every bunny that I have spent time with has had their own unique personality. My last bunny even had his own seat in the couch! Whenever someone sat in it, he stared at them until they moved and then jumped right up. 

8. They are capable of always making you feel better.
When I have had a rough day, spending time with bunnies make me feel better instantly. It really doesn't matter what has happened or how sad I am, picking up the bun for some quality time always makes life feel a little bit less difficult. 

9. They are quiet.
Unlike a dog, cat or a guinea pig, bunnies are quiet and will therefore never annoy you or bother any neighbours. They are peaceful companions that will wait patiently until they get your attention. 

10.  They love to cuddle with you in bed.
I love bringing a bunny to the bed, because they always jump around to explore the environment for a little bit, and then lays down next to you to chill and maybe fall asleep as you pet them. 



I could really go on forever with this list, but I won't. Instead, I will tell you to go follow @bunnymama on instagram. It is my favourite account on all of instagram and it always does the trick to make me happy now that I don't have my own furry bundle of joy.

Comments

Popular Posts