Review: The Viva La Diva Nudie One Palette

Viva La Diva is a Swedish drugstore brand that has been around since the early 2000s. I have never really cared much for the brand but I have always knownthat it is a cheap brand with a wide range of nailpolishes. So far,  I have tried one product from this brand, their Nudie One palette. I have been wearing it every day for the past month and I finally feel like I have enough experience with the product to give it a fair review. 








Full name: Viva La Diva Nudie One

 I got this as a Christmas gift in 2015 and it has just been sitting in my drawers until now that I ran out of all the good shades in another palette. The cardboard packaging is black and comes with a mirror and an application brush that unfortunately got lost somewhere. The palette includes a total of 12 shades, some are mattes and some are metallic. You get a wide range of neutral shades which is good for achieving a wide variety of brown eyeshadow looks, and you might be able to do a grey metallic eye look as well. Other than that, you are very limited with this palette. It is not suitable if you prefer vibrant glamorous looks. I use it for every day purposes such as work and school, not particularly because I like it, but to keep my mascara from rubbing off onto my eyelids. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bother wearing eyeshadow every day, because this one really doesn't make much of a difference. 

The shadows are easy to apply, but it bothers me a lot that most of them are not very pigmented. I have to work really hard to get a decent amount of colour onto my lids and I wouldn't say that they blend very nicely either. Maybe I got spoiled after wearing my Too Faced palettes too much, but I really feel like you get what you pay for when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. 

Swatches from the palette. As you can see, a few of the shades barely showed up. 




How I use this palette every day.

The shadows does not last for a full day on my eyelids, more like for the first half of a day. It would probably last longer with a primer, but these shadows are just not good enough to waste my Too Faced primer to keep them on for a full day. They give you a nice looking eyelid, after applying a lot of product. My favourite shade is the matte medium brown (the 5th one counting from the left), because it has a nice amount of pigment and I just feel like it is one of the few shades that are actually working out well in this palette. 

I also think that this palette is a dupe of one of the very famous Urban Decay-naked palettes. To be specific, the Naked 2- palette. Just compare it to the picture of the Naked 2-palette  below. 
The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. Link to original image HERE. This one retails for 52 USD.

I thought I would insert this picture one more time to make it easier to compare the two palettes next to each other. Can you see how similar they are?

I haven't tried the Urban Decay -palettes but I know that they are very popular and considering the price point hopefully better than the Viva La Diva one. To be honest, I think that both of these palettes come in a pretty boring shade range and that they should throw it something more fun instead of 50 shades of brown. The palette is available at Åhlens in Sweden and on nordicfeel.se. It retails for 169 SEK which is average for a drugstore palette in Sweden. However, I would  rather save up a little bit more and go for a fancier palette with some more impressive pigmentation. 

Final thoughts: Boring palette, but it works for every day usage. Don't expect more than a decent outcome though. You won't reach stunning results with this one.
Pros: Cheap, wide range of neutral shades. You get a mirror and a brush along with it. 
Cons: Bad pigmentation, the colours don't last all day and the shades are boring. 
Repurchase: No. 
Rating: 2 out of 5.


Comments

Popular Posts