Empties



1. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
I bought this primer at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada because a youtuber, NikkiaJoy who specializes in oily skin videos recommended this one as a good drugstore primer for oily skin. It contains 30 ml of product, which is pretty standard for a primer, and the packaging is practical since it is easy to get all of the product out. 


As you can see in the picture, the primer is white with a creamy formula. It reminds me very much of a moisturizer, especially since it practically just sunk into the skin and seemed to disappear. For a primer, this is not good. A primer is supposed to create a base that makes the rest of your make up look better and last longer, and this one failed to do that. For me, it didn't make any difference whatsoever. My skin looked the same regardless, and the make up didn't look good for longer when I used the primer. For me, this product didn't bring any benefits at all. On some days  I skipped using it and my face looked the same regardless. When I buy a product, I expect it to make at least a slight difference. This primer cost me around 8 dollars, which is right below average for a drugstore primer in North America. You will probably have figured out that I won't be repurchasing this product. If I were to rate it, I would give it one out of five stars, simply because it didn't do anything for me. 


2. The Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Manicure Cream
I got this one, along wit a few other things as a gift from one of my friends when I was in Canada, and just like the primer, it contains about 30 ml of product, which is rather small for hand creams, but practical when you are on-the-go and don't want a hand cream to take up a lot of space in your handbag. It is creamy and sinks well into the skin, and makes the hands feel moisturized for a longer time than most hand creams. The scent is a rather sweet and neutral almond, it won't make people turn around and ask where the smell comes from when you are using it, and people won't  find it irritating or too heavy either. I let a colleague from work borrow it once, and he really appreciated the scent. This one lasted me about three months, despite the rather small packaging. I didn't buy it myself, but I know that this one retails for around 5 dollars or euros. I would definitely buy it again, but since I never go for the same scent twice, it would have to be in a different scent. I will give this one four out of five stars. 

3. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long 
I got this hair treatment about three years ago in London, and I have been using it now and then ever since. It has lasted me a really long time, thanks to the fairly generous size of the bottle, and that you don't need that much product to get the desired effect. When I use it, I keep it in my hair for at least three minutes after having used Shampoo and conditioner. A great tip is to comb the hair while this product is in it. It makes the treatmentspread more evenly in the hair, and makes it softer as well. At first, I disliked this product because I didn't feel like it was working for me, but that was only because I was too impatient to give it the full three minutes that it actually takes for it to work. If you keep it in your hair for less than three minutes, it won't make any difference to the hair.  This may seem rather obvious to most people, but if you are an impatient person like me, it can get rather difficult to keep it in your hair for that long and just stand there waiting in the shower. Another issue that is more serious, is that the effect doesn't last that long. When you wash your hair the next time, the smooth effect disappears. If you want your hair to be this smooth all the time, you need to use the treatment every time you wash your hair, which makes it more like a conditioner than a deep treatment. This one retails for around five pounds in the UK or a whooping 120 SEK in Sweden. I would give it three out of five stars, considering that it does a decent job, but only lasts until your next wash. 


Comments

Popular Posts