What I bought in England - Beauty


I do most of my shopping when I am traveling, usually due to two reasons: 
1. Better selection
2. Lower prices. 
When I was in England earlier this week, my bag was about 12 kg heavier when I was going home compared to when I went there. So, what did I get? I got 12 kgs of new things, many of  them were beauty related, and you can see them all below. 
 Some are completely new to me, and some are repurchased favourites. 


 All the beauty products I got. Most of them are from Boots. 

1. Rimmel Good to Glow Highlighter in the shade 001 Notting Hill Glow
Since I didn't own a highlighter I thought that it was time to get one. I got this particular one because it was affordable, and included in a Buy 2 Rimmel products and get the 3rd one for free offer.  Otherwise I would have gone for a powder highlighter instead of a liquid, but this was the only one that Rimmel had available. 
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed powder
Since my other powder is a loose one, it is difficult to travel with. Due to that, I always make sure to have a compact powder for travelling. This is an affordable one that I've had many times before, and it gives me a decent result. Note that  I am picky when it comes to powders and I almost always feel like nothing is good enough, but this one is just as decent as my other far more expensive ByTerry powder. 
3. Rimmel Hide the blemish concealer
My other concealer that I just got seems like it came half empty, so it will probably not last for that long. I think that stick concealers provide a better coverage, moves around less and sticks to the skin better than liquid concealers. Usually, they last longer as well!
4. Primark Fan Highlighter brush 
I have wanted to try out a brush like this for a long time now, so I had to get it when I saw that Primark had them. It wasn't too smart of me to buy a highlighter that I can't use it with, but I really didn't think of that in time. 


1. Rimmel Sun Shimmer self tan mousse in the shade Medium Matte. 
As a pale person, self tanner is vital in the summer months, and I have wanted to try this one from Rimmel ever since one of my favourite youtubers Danielle Mansutti talked about it. 
2. This shower gel has a energizing minty scent, and it was a true impulse purchase. I got it because my friend told me that it wakes you up in the shower, which is exactly what I need in the morning. 
3. Boots Extracts Mango Sugar Scrub 
This one smells like heaven, the package was huge and not that expensive which means good value for money. I also needed a new body scrub. 


Close up of the body scrub. 

 I ended up getting two face masks since I simply couldn't decide which one to buy since I suffer from both of the problems that they are supposed to combat.

1. The purple one to the left is a scrub mask that helps with blackheads and blocked pores, which I suffer from a lot.
2. The green one to the right is a clay mask for oily and spot prone skin, also something that I suffer from.

 One of my favourite youtubers, Josie or FashionMumblr has talked about these products in her videos. Biore is a bestseller brand specialized in acne, oily skin and clogged pores. I haven't seen it in Sweden, but I know that it is popular in countries like the UK, Canada and USA. 

1. Baking Soda cleansing scrub. 
I was really excited about this one until the lid broke during the flight and the product leaked everywhere in the plastic bag that it was in. This is supposed to be used as a face scrub. You apply a little bit in your hand, add a tiny amount of water and mix it, and then you put it onto your face for a good exfoliation. I have used it once so far and I really felt that my skin was clean afterwards. 

2. Charcoal pore minimiser
This is also a cleanser, made to clear and minimize pores. I read a lot of reviews on this one before purchasing, and it actually seems like it is able to make your pores appear less significant, which would be a dream! I will get back with a real review once I have more experience with it!

Herbal Essences Shine Shampoo

Herbal Essences beautiful ends conditioner for long hair

I have been a loyal fan to Herbal Essences hair products since 2009 when I first got to try them out on vacation in New York. Since then, I have bought them every time I have had the chance and I am still deeply in love with them. They are affordable and way better than anything else that I have used. Some of the colours and scents are better than others, and not every scent is available in every country that this brand is available. My favourite is the purple Hydralicious that I bought when living in Canada, but they didn't seem to have that one in England. I used to like the Moroccan my shine series as well, but I feel like they don't really do much for me anymore. So this time, I went all in for scents that I hadn't tried before. 

Up until October las year I was completely unimpressed by this perfume. However, I got a sample of the Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf from Sephora in Canada and fell completely in love with the scent. Since I have way too many perfumes already, I promised myself to think about it for a while and buy it when I felt like I deserved it. So I waited about six months, and I was obsessed the whole time, and now I finally felt like I deserved it as a treat to myself. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got in London and that you got some shopping inspiration! I also bought a lot of other things, but that will be featured in a different blog post. I will also make sure tell a lot more about what I did there and all the lovely experiences that I had. 

Comments

Popular Posts